Monday, August 17, 2009

Happy Birthday!

Once again I try to think of what to write about. Then it hits me - birthdays! The latest designs I worked on are everything to do with b-days (as I refer to them). Mine are not nearly as clever as Sandra Boyton's - "Hippo Birdie Two Ewe" but none-the-less I created the following.

There are generally five questions that can go along with birthday etiquette. We begin with a new baby - "Is it a boy?" or "Is it a girl?" Then progress to - "How old are you?" (this one works best with little kids - it gets into dangerous waters with women!) Eventually we wander into - "When is your birthday?" and finally the old "What's your sign?"

So I'm posting three images here to celebrate bdays. One for "Happy Birthday" or "Happy bee-day!" - and the other two are "It's a Boy!" and "It's a Girl!". The fourth and fifth images are spin offs and say "I'm a Boy" and "I'm a Girl" for babies who's parents get annoyed with admirers guessing the wrong gender.

Oh and by the way, I happen to be a "Leo" because my birthday is in August and I usually celebrate with my family, we sing "Happy Birthday" (not well!) eat cake and ice cream, open gifts and enjoy spending some time together laughing and handing over insulting age cards - and yup, today's my birthday and I can hear the Beatles singing to me! Life is good! and if today is your birthday - Happy Birthday to ya!


No comments:

Post a Comment